Wednesday 7 December 2016

Another Christian misquotes the bible!




Christians often brag they know the bible inside out, you get this mostly from the Nigerian Christians. They have formed some sort of a sickness where they believe the Holy Ghost is guiding them and they know it all.  Whenever Christians start bragging I Normally ask them, "TELL ME HOW WELL VERSED ARE YOU WITH THE HEBREW BIBLE?". Practically all of them reply by saying " I DONT KNOW HEBREW SO IM NOT THAT WELL VERSED". And can I respect that, it's not like everything single african Christian knows Hebrew let alone koine Greek. Which brings us to the focal point of this paper.

Victor anyiwo is no exception when it comes to understanding the Hebrew bible. I've had by share of correcting him when it comes to the bible many times. Yet this man never learns talk about being shameless. Quite recently he made a post on Facebook regarding a  certain verse found in the Torah. Let's read his post before we once again correct him.

--------------------------------------

APOLOGIST NUGGETS: GOD'S WALK
-
I once stumbled across a rather interesting (yet often neglected verse) somewhere in the book of Leviticus :
-
| Leviticus | 25:12 | KJV | 
" I will WALK amongst you, and will be your God, and ye shall be my people." 
-
Did you notice that the key word is "WALK " and not "WORK"? This clearly suggest a walk of God upon the earth in person of His Son ~ Jesus of Nazareth.

--------------------------------------

Now judging from victors understanding of the Old Testament, it shows he hasn't a clue of what he wrote? And it's evident from his own writings where we wrote :

"I once stumbled across a rather interesting (yet often neglected verse) somewhere in the book of Leviticus"?

He stumbled across a verse????????? Seriously !!!!! Let's analyse his so called God Walking on earth theory and close this case. Rather then just reading from the KJV we shall read what the Hebrew bible commentators say about this particular verse and how when reading further verses show victors lack or understanding.

--------------

12I will walk among you and be your God, and you will be My people.

I will walk among you: [God promises a blessing of special spiritual quality, involving intimate knowledge of Him (Zeidah Laderech):] “I will stroll with you in the Garden of Eden, as if I were one of you, and you will not be terrified of Me.” Now, one might think that you will not fear Me [under such “familiar” circumstances]. Scripture, therefore, says here, “and be your God.” - [Torath Kohanim 26: 15]

Notice from the above commentary by rashis  “I will stroll with you in the Garden of Eden,. Note not on earth rather in the Garden of Eden.

----------

I will walk among you, as I have hitherto done, both by my pillar of cloud and fire, and by my tabernacle, which have walked or gone along with you in all your journeys, and stayed among you in all your stations, to protect, conduct, instruct, and comfort you. 

Ye shall be my people; I will own you for that peculiar people which I have singled out of the mass of mankind, to bless you here, and to save you hereafter.

----------


12I will walk among you] Cp. Genesis 3:8.

----------


David Guzik

I will set My tabernacle among you, and My soul shall not abhor you. I will walk among you and be your God, and you shall be My people: The best promises are saved for last: First, that Israel would enjoy a special relationship with God. If not for this, all the material blessings described previously would be empty.
i. When Israel walked after the LORD, these blessings were real; one example of this is when the Queen of Sheba came to Solomon and saw a nation so blessed, she knew it had to be of God (1 Kings 10:1-13).

It's clear from the above commentaries that the verse is speaking about Yahweh the God of isreal not about Jesus. But there's more in order to prove that this verse is really not speaking about Jesus we shall carry on reading the chapter and see if it really speaks of Jesus or not?


Punishment for Disobedience
14“ ‘But if you will not listen to me and carry out all these commands, 15and if you reject my decrees and abhor my laws and fail to carry out all my commands and so violate my covenant, 16then I will do this to you: I will bring on you sudden terror, wasting diseases and fever that will destroy your sight and sap your strength. You will plant seed in vain, because your enemies will eat it. 17I will set my face against you so that you will be defeated by your enemies; those who hate you will rule over you, and you will flee even when no one is pursuing you.
18“ ‘If after all this you will not listen to me, I will punish you for your sins seven times over. 19I will break down your stubborn pride and make the sky above you like iron and the ground beneath you like bronze. 20Your strength will be spent in vain, because your soil will not yield its crops, nor will the trees of your land yield their fruit.
21“ ‘If you remain hostile toward me and refuse to listen to me, I will multiply your afflictions seven times over, as your sins deserve. 22I will send wild animals against you, and they will rob you of your children, destroy your cattle and make you so few in number that your roads will be deserted.
23“ ‘If in spite of these things you do not accept my correction but continue to be hostile toward me, 24I myself will be hostile toward you and will afflict you for your sins seven times over. 25And I will bring the sword on you to avenge the breaking of the covenant. When you withdraw into your cities, I will send a plague among you, and you will be given into enemy hands. 26When I cut off your supply of bread, ten women will be able to bake your bread in one oven, and they will dole out the bread by weight. You will eat, but you will not be satisfied.

--------------

Here's the sucker punch! If verse 12 was really speaking of Jesus then the proceeding verses which speaks of the same WALKING GOD tells us whosoever doesn't follow his commandments then he will PUNISH THEM! 

Verse 16 tells us He will bring on the Terror, Fever and Disease? Wait a tick didn't Jesus supposed to have healed people from Diseases?

Verse 18 he will Punish people seven times over verse 22 he will send Wild Animals to rob Children's Destroy cattle ?? Didn't Jesus say children's are sinless and will inherit the kingdom of heaven? 

Verse 25-26 he will bring plague? Now maybe Christians can show us where Jesus  bought a plague on his people and cut off their bread supply? Didn't he feed 5000 people ??

And it goes on and on, the above is sufficient to show how Victor how misunderstood the text deceiving himself and others thinking it applied to his so called saviƓur when it's nowhere close to it.

 It's very embarrassing how Christians expose themselves by bragging!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Re-Examining Banu Qurayzah Incident

  Kaleef K. Karim & Aliyu Musa Misau Content: 1. Introduction 2. Jewish tribes Made a Pact with Muslims 3. Events that Occurred ...