Sunday 9 October 2016

Very weak choice made by my Christian friend


My Christian friend ade posted on Facebook something very interesting which I thought I can share with you guys he wrote as follows below 


------------------

The choice 

This day I call the heavens and the earth as witnesses against you that I have set before you life and death, blessings and curses. Now choose life, so that you and your children may live (Deuteronomy 30:19)


Jesus answered, "I am the way and the truth and the life. No one comes to the Father except through me. (John 14:6)


Any questions ??

Shalom 

--------------------


Yes mr Ade I do have a question! What does the verse from Deuteronomy really mean? I mean have you ever read what classical commentators have said? Let's read what the great commentator of the Tanach Rashis have to say about the verse from Deuteronomy 30:19


classical scholar Rashis commentary

you shall choose life: [God says: “Even though you have free choice, nevertheless,] I instruct you to choose the portion of life.” It is like a man who says to his son, “Choose for yourself a fine portion of my estate,” and then directs him to the best portion, saying to him, “This [is the portion which] you should choose for yourself!” And regarding this, the verse says,“The Lord is my allotted portion and my cup; You guide my destiny” (Ps. 16:5). [The last clause, אַתָּה תּוֹמִיךְ גּוֹרָלִי, literally means “You laid upon my lot.” That is to say:] “You laid my hand upon the good lot, saying, ‘Take this for yourself!’”


Seems like me ades understanding of Deuteronomy doesn't come close to Rashis commentary? But If ade really believes that Deuteronomy is talking about Life which Jesus has come as then we have a bigger problem since the very same bible tells us SATAN HAS POWER TO TAKE LIFE!



The LORD said to Satan, "Very well, then, he is in your hands; but you must spare his LIFE ."(Job 2:6)

Notice how Satan has full control of over job to the point he can take his LIFE yet Yahweh requests Satan to spare his LIFE... Now if mr Ade says Jesus was talking metaphorical not literal then we can say he really isn't LIFE, but if me Ade believes Jesus was literally life then he has to accept Satan can take this Life when he please!


TIME YOU TOOK A CHOICE MR ADE 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Argument for the Jews claiming that Ezra is the son of God from Jewish sources.

 Bismillah al Rahman al Raheem, in the name of Allah the most merciful the most gracious. All credits for this article go to Dr. Sami Amer...