Tuesday 27 September 2016

Did Jesus of the bible lie to the Jews?

"If I testify about myself, my testimony is not true. (John 5:31)

-------------

From the above verse it seems pretty clear that Jesus is saying his testimony about himself is not true. Now why would Jesus being the chosen one utter such words? How would someone react to such a statement, considering the Jews we're against him.  Now, let us read another passage from the same book, notice this time the Jews are challenging Jesus about what he said regarding his own testimony.



The Pharisees challenged him, "Here you are, appearing as your own witness; your testimony is not valid." Jesus answered, "Even if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid, for I know where I came from and where I am going. But you have no idea where I come from or where I am going. (John 8:13-14)

----------

Interesting, when the jews challenged Jesus on his self proclaimed own testimony, Jesus openly switched his words by saying "if I testify on my own behalf, my testimony is valid," completely opposite to  what he said in John 5:31, When cornered he changed his words

When the Jews cornered him he lied his way out.  We know Jesus Pbuh would never lie, so now we have the authors to blame for such contradictory sayings. 

But we know Christians believe that Jesus actually spoke all that which puts them into a dilemma. Its the Muslims who defend their Jesus from such horrendous false accusation.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Revelation 1:8 Who is it referring to?

 Revelation 1:8 “I am the Alpha and the Omega,” says the Lord God, “who is, and who was, and who is to come, the Almighty.” (NIV) Many Trini...